St. Regis Mountain
Photo Courtesy Franklin County Tourism

Board of Elections

355 West Main Street
Malone, NY 12953



Districts 1, 2, 4, 6, 7 & 10 will be at the Harrison Gym, 42 Huskie Lane, Malone, NY

Districts 3 & 5 will be at the Franklin County Courthouse 355 West Main Street, Kitchen Conference Room

Districts 8 & 9 will be at the Malone Adult Center, 14906 State Route 30, Malone, NY  


2018 Election Dates:

Federal Primary Election: June 26th - Hours Noon - 9 PM

US Senator and Congressional


State/Local Election: September 13th - Hours Noon - 9 PM

Governor, Attorney General, Comptroller, NYS Senator, NYS Assembly, Sheriff and 2 County Coroners


General Election: November 6th - Hours 6 AM - 9 PM

Federal, State, County and Towns


Please keep in mind these dates are subject to change or there may not be a primary election.


NYS Election Law has changed for Petitions.  For Sample Petitions PLEASE go to this web page: 


Like us on Facebook

Democratic Commissioner of Elections
Kelly Cox
Republican Commissioner of Elections
Tracy Sparks
Democratic Deputy Commissioner of Elections
Linda Maneely
Phone: 518-481-1664
Fax: 518-481-6018
Republican Deputy Commissioner of Elections
Erin Brockway
Phone: 518-481-1663
Fax: 518-481-6018
How Do I Register to Vote?

Qualifications to Register to Vote

- Be a United States citizen;

- Be 18 years old by December 31 of the year in which you file this form (note: you must be 18 years old by the date of the general, primary or other election in which you want to vote);

- Live at your present address at least 30 days before and

- Not be in prison or on parole for a felony conviction and;

- Not be adjudged mentally incompetent by a court;

- Not claim the right to vote elsewhere




How and Where to register to Vote

1. You can register in person at your county board of elections or at any New York State Agency-Based voter registration center.

2. You can enter your name directly into the New York State Board of Election's mailing list database to have a New York State Voter Registration Form mailed to you.

3. You can call our 1-800-FOR-VOTE hotline to request a voter application.

4. You can download a PDF version of the New York State Voter Registration Form by clicking herePrint the form, complete and sign it, and mail it to your county board of elections.

5. Alternately, you can complete a PDF version of the New York State Voter Registration Form on-line by clicking here, typing in the necessary information and selecting the appropriate boxes. Please note that the file size of these forms are substantially larger than the above forms and may take a while to load on computers with slower Internet connections. Once the form is completed, print and sign the form and mail to the county board of elections.


Resource: NYS Board of Elections

How Do I Make Changes to My Registration?

Change of Name and/or Address

The voter registration form should be used as a change of address form. Notices of change of address from registered voters received at least 20 days before a special, primary or general election by a county board of elections must be processed and entered in the records in time for that election.


Change of Party Enrollment

The voter registration form should be used to change your party enrollment from one party to another or to enroll for the first time in a party. A change of enrollment received no later than 25 days before the general election shall be deposited in a sealed enrollment box and opened the first Tuesday following that general election and entered in the voter's registration record.


Resource: NYS Board of Elections

Where Do I Vote?

For Primary Election (Click Here)


For General Election (Click Here)


How Do I Run For Office?

Click here for information provided by the NYS Board of Elections.

Anyone who may want to run for a local office such as County, Town or Village please contact the Franklin County Board of Elections for information.  We also can provide you with a voter registration form and absentee application by calling our office.

How Do I Vote By Absentee?

Qualifications to Vote by Absentee Ballot

  • Absent from the county on Election Day.
  • Unable to appear at the polls due to temporary or permanent illness or diability, or because you are the primary care giver of one or more individuals who are ill or physically disabled.
  • A patient in a Veteran's Administration Hospital, or
  • Detained in jail awaiting Grand Jury action or confined in prison after conviction for an offense other than a felony.



How to Vote by Absentee Ballot:


  • Applications for Absentee Ballots are available at your county board of elections.
  • You may also download a PDF version by clicking here.
  • Upon completion, applications must be mailed to your county board no later than the seventh day before the election or delivered in person no later than the day before the election.
  • You may also request an Absentee Ballot by sending a letter to your county board of elections. The letter must be received by your county board no eralier than 30 days and no later than seven days before the leection.  The letter must contain the following information:
    • the address wehre you are registered.
    • an address where the ballot is to be sent.
    • the reason for the request, and
    • the signature of the voter.

An application form will be mailed to you.


If you cannot pick up your ballot, or will not be able to receive it thourgh the mail, you have the right to desginate someone to pick it up for you.  Only that person designated on your application may pick up and deliver your ballot.


If you are permanently ill or disabled, you have the right to receive an Absentee Ballot for each subsequent election without further application.  Simply file an application with your county board of elections indicating permanent illness or physical disability.  You will then automatically receive an absentee ballot for every election until your registration is canceled.

© 2018 Franklin County, Franklin County