The upcoming General Election will be November 8, 2016. Polls open at 6:00 am and Close at 9:00 pm.
2016 General Election Polling Sites (click Here)
To view Sample Ballot click on Town Name
Like us on Facebook
Democratic Commissioner of Elections
Republican Commissioner of Elections
Democratic Deputy Commissioner of Elections
Republican Deputy Commissioner of Elections
How Do I Register to Vote?
Qualifications to Register to Vote
- Be a United States citizen;
- Be 18 years old by December 31 of the year in which you file this form (note: you must be 18 years old by the date of the general, primary or other election in which you want to vote);
- Live at your present address at least 30 days before and
- Not be in prison or on parole for a felony conviction and;
- Not be adjudged mentally incompetent by a court;
- Not claim the right to vote elsewhere
How and Where to register to Vote
1. You can register in person at your county board of elections or at any New York State Agency-Based voter registration center.
2. You can enter your name directly into the New York State Board of Election's mailing list database to have a New York State Voter Registration Form mailed to you.
3. You can call our 1-800-FOR-VOTE hotline to request a voter application.
4. You can download a PDF version of the New York State Voter Registration Form by clicking here. Print the form, complete and sign it, and mail it to your county board of elections.
5. Alternately, you can complete a PDF version of the New York State Voter Registration Form on-line by clicking here, typing in the necessary information and selecting the appropriate boxes. Please note that the file size of these forms are substantially larger than the above forms and may take a while to load on computers with slower Internet connections. Once the form is completed, print and sign the form and mail to the county board of elections.
Resource: NYS Board of Elections
How Do I Make Changes to My Registration?
Change of Name and/or Address
The voter registration form should be used as a change of address form. Notices of change of address from registered voters received at least 20 days before a special, primary or general election by a county board of elections must be processed and entered in the records in time for that election.
Change of Party Enrollment
The voter registration form should be used to change your party enrollment from one party to another or to enroll for the first time in a party. A change of enrollment received no later than 25 days before the general election shall be deposited in a sealed enrollment box and opened the first Tuesday following that general election and entered in the voter's registration record.
Resource: NYS Board of Elections
How Do I Run For Office?
Click here for information provided by the NYS Board of Elections.
Anyone who may want to run for a local office such as County, Town or Village please contact the Franklin County Board of Elections for information. We also can provide you with a voter registration form and absentee application by calling our office.
How Do I Vote By Absentee?
Qualifications to Vote by Absentee Ballot
How to Vote by Absentee Ballot:
An application form will be mailed to you.
If you cannot pick up your ballot, or will not be able to receive it thourgh the mail, you have the right to desginate someone to pick it up for you. Only that person designated on your application may pick up and deliver your ballot.
If you are permanently ill or disabled, you have the right to receive an Absentee Ballot for each subsequent election without further application. Simply file an application with your county board of elections indicating permanent illness or physical disability. You will then automatically receive an absentee ballot for every election until your registration is canceled.